Planning for the Future
The City of Clinton adopts a Capital Improvement Plan each year to conduct long-range planning for future physical and economic maintenance and development. The 2024-2028 Plan was adopted February 28, 2023 and had the following focus areas:
- Pavement Management Program
- Manufacturing Drive and Bluff Boulevard Project
- Purchase of the Dodge B Building and Parking Areas (next to the Police Station)
- Fiber and Network Projects
- Park Improvements
The City of Clinton adopted the 2032 Comprehensive Plan on January 28, 2014. The purposes of the comprehensive plan are the following:
- Develop a shared vision to promote health, safety and prosperity for the community.
- Provide a legal basis for land use regulations by analyzing existing conditions and developing growth goals.
- Present a unified and compelling vision for a community and establish the specific actions necessary to fulfill that vision. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Strategic Planning is an organizational function necessary to provide direction and understanding for the work done by the City. The City Council adopted the 2022-2024 Strategic Plan on August 23, 2022. The Plan outlined the City's top four goals:
- Maintain a strong financial position
- Communication with citizens, employees and other stakeholders
- Contribute to healthy physical, economic and community environment (quality of life)
- Continually improve the City's organization and services