If this is an emergency or the crime is in progress, please call 911!
The Clinton Police Department appreciates the opportunity to serve you and we want to make it easier and more convenient for you to file non-emergency police reports. Using this system allows you to submit a report immediately.
Before filing a report online, all of the following statements must be true:
- This is not an emergency.
- The crime is not in progress.
- The incident has not already been reported by phone or in person to police.
- The incident occurred more than 30 minutes ago.
- The incident occurred in Clinton, Iowa.
- There is no evidence or fingerprints for police to collect.
- The incident is not a hate or bias crime. (A hate or bias crime is an act that appears to be motivated or is perceived by the victim to be motivated all or in part by race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability.)
If the incident met all of the above conditions, you may file a report online.
Please note: All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.