Special Event Permits

Want to have a special event in Clinton? Gearing up to throw a block party? The list below outlines determining factors if you need to complete a special event application with the Parks and Recreation Department. 

  • Use of Inflatables (bounce houses, hot air balloons, etc.)
  • Fireworks, rockets, lasers or other pyrotechnics
  • Vehicles, animals, rides, or the like involved in the event
  • Closures to City streets or alleys for any period of time, including walk/runs, block parties and parades
  • Event is for more than 12 hours
  • Organized competition or recreational events
  • "Enhancements" to the existing facility and/or grounds
  • Expecting more than 250 people
  • Alcoholic beverages will be sold at the event or are provided as part of a ticketed event
  • Inherent risk to participants and/or spectators that require Public Safety services

Special event applications need to be approved at least 90 days prior to your event. 

Application packets are available online (2023 Special Event Application and Street/Alley Closing and Neighborhood Sign Off Form), can be emailed or picked up at The Rec (Ericksen Community Center). Completed packets are to be emailed to Cathy Marx or dropped off at The Rec.

  1. Cathy Marx

    Assistant Parks and Recreation Director

Special Event Forms